Saturday, December 26, 2009

Has anyone had permanent make-up done on their lips?

I'm considering getting permanent make-up on my lips (tatooed). I see it advertised, but don't know anyone who has had this done. If you did it, what do you think of the results?


I want to get my full lips done (not just the lipliner). I'm blonde and my skin/lips are naturally very pale. If I don't wear lipstick people actually ask if I'm feeling sick or if I'm tired! My grandma tells me I'm not getting enough vitamins when I go to her house without wearing lipstick! You see why I need to do something!Has anyone had permanent make-up done on their lips?
My mother-in-law had it done a few years ago. Looks great. She did the full lip and not just the liner. Fair warning.....when you first get it done....the color will look completely wrong the first few days, also your lips will swell like mad for at least a few days. So make sure you can take some time off to heal.....Has anyone had permanent make-up done on their lips?
I wouldn't recommend permanent makeup. For one, your lips would be too pigmented to reflect other lipcolors you apply to your lips should you become bored of the color. For another, it's really easy to make mistakes. You might end up with permanent hot-pink fuchsia lips, or too-red drag-queen lips. And you can't reverse the color should it go wrong--you're stuck with it for the rest of your life (unless you choose to undergo painful and expensive tattoo removal).





I recommend makeup instead. With lipstick, you have to keep reapplying, right? I suggest that you try a lip stain. These stay on for the whole day, and you need only dab it on your lips in the morning. Sonia Kashuk, a Target cosmetics line, makes a lip and cheek stain that sells for $7.99. You'll look healthy and radiant with this product!
I've seen someone with it.


I strongly suggest you don't do it. You may not like how it looks a few years from now, and it'll hurt like heck gettin it removed.
I do not recommend it. Getting it done changes the natural color of your lips and will further limit your choices of lipstick shades.





Permanent makeup is only recommended if doing it yourself is not possible. For example, when you're old and long-sighted, eye makeup will be a real task without the help of special makeup eyeglasses (the one with rotating lenses). In that case, perhaps permanent makeup like eyebrow embroidery and eyeliners may be a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment