Monday, April 26, 2010

2 part question: Dark Under eye circles AND make up tips for sensitive eyes?

Part 1:





I have had very dark raccoon circles under my eyes since I was a kid, a combination of genetics and horrible seasonal allergies- I get 8-9 hours of sleep every night, so that is not the issue.





My question is what can I use to camouflage, or even better, abolish, these awful zombie circles- I work at a bank and I actually had one of my customers ask if I had been hit in my eyes...





I have very sensitive eyes, a lot of products cause me to tear up and get very itchy eyes, which results in a sneezy, drippy mess... eew.





Part 2:





I have gorgeous bright green, but deep set, eyes. What are some tips to make my eyes 'pop' and look larger, and stand out. Some types of makeup applications make me look like I am glaring or angry. Unfortunately I cannot tolerate eye-liner on my waterline, it triggers my allergies.





Please recommend hypoallergenic products-- Thanks for your time!





2 part question: Dark Under eye circles AND make up tips for sensitive eyes?
OMG! Finally somebody other than my mom with the same problem! I have dark circles under my eyes too no matter how much sleep I get. People always ask me if I'm tired and once my ex asked me if somebody punched me. When I told him no he didn't even believe me! Anyway, back to the answering part...lol





I use Maybelline's instant age rewind double face perfector. Here's the link http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Face/Concealer/instant-age-rewind-double-face-perfector.htm and here's the link to a review of the product http://www.maybelline.com/Product/Face/Concealer/instant-age-rewind-double-face-perfector.htm


Oh by the way don't let the name of it mislead you, young people can use it too. I'm 17 and it's what I use. I'm always looking for a better concealer though cuz like you said no matter what it never goes away.





And by the way this is what Cosmo's tip is to conceal dark circles: ';Dust a thin line of taupe shadow under your lower lashes to offset any bluish under-eye circles, says Matin. ';It's an instant trick if you're running low on concealer,'; he adds. Try Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Duo in Iced Coffee, $8.49.';





Also, here's another tip from Cosmo: ';Instant Correction


Cover up dark circles with a concealer that adjusts to your skin type. Pat whatever's left on any red spots or zits. Almay Smart Shade Concealer SPF 15, $8.99.';





I haven't tried either of the tips from Cosmo, but I did cut out those sections and I've kept'em and meant to try them. 2 part question: Dark Under eye circles AND make up tips for sensitive eyes?
Mary Kay concealer is good because it is sort of dry. It stays in place and won't migrate to your eyes, so it shouldn't give you any reactions. It also covers well. I don't like any greasy sticky, type concealers, because for me, they run all over my face.





Your green eyes could be accentuated with shades of gold, bronze, plum, and tawny pinks. I don't wear mascara because it bothers my eyes, but I use Styli-Style eyeliners, and they don't run or bother me. I do use covergirl eye shadow, but I don't know if they're good for sensitive eyes, because they are cheap and smudge. Maybe a very dry loose powder shadow would be best, because they tend not to have oils that stick to skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment